Experience & Credentials
George is the owner of GEH Consulting, LLC. He has more than 30 years experience in internet development & marketing, book & audiobook publishing, and retail sales and marketing. His accomplishments include:
on the web
- Served as principal architect, developer and manager for more that 150 sites, including the original sites for:
- Audio Publishers Association
- Publishers Marketing Association (now IBPA – Independant Book Publishers Association)
- AudioFile Magazine
- Audio Editions
- Created & managed BookZonePro, the largest, most comprehensive resource site for publishers
- Created & managed BookFlash, the first 100% web-based press release distribution and promotion site for the publishing community
off the web (the other world)
- Established the first officially sponsored Audie Awards ceremony, an annual event honoring the best achievements in audiobook publishing
- Introduced the first Audio Publishers Association Conference (APAC), now held annually in conjunction with Book Expo America
- Developed & managed (while at Waldenbooks) the first nation-wide audiobook and video sell-through retail program, at the same time establishing standards for consistent audiobook packaging
company & association affiliations highlights
- Audio Publishers Association — President
- During George's tenure, the APA evolved from an informal association of a handful of dedicated audio publishers into a professionally managed trade association capable of representing the entire audiobook publishing industry.
- Bookzone, Inc. — Vice President, Operations
- George helped Bookzone evolve from a small online retail catalog into one of the most recognized and respected Internet Services Providers specializing in website development and marketing for the publishing industry.
- Audio Renaissance Tapes — Marketing Director
- By the time George left ART it was solidly established as one of the most important and innovative mid-sized audiobook publishers of the time.
- Waldenbooks — Manager, New Market Development
- As manager of the first national audiobook retail program in the US, George opened the door for major book publishers, as well as publishers of all sizes, to venture into this emerging market.